A webinar series organized by the International Soil Carbon Network in partnership with the American Geophysical Union and the USDA Climate Hubs to advance critical questions in soil carbon sequestration technology.
A concerned public is increasingly calling on agricultural producers and policy makers to improve soil management, both to ensure food security and to store carbon in soils to reduce the risk of climate change. The goal of this webinar series is to hear diverse scientific perspectives from soil carbon researchers on key technical questions that inform how to sequester soil carbon in working lands.
Future webinars will address questions including:
- When does increased soil C storage yield net removal of greenhouse gases?
- How does tillage affect soil C sequestration?
- When is cover cropping an effective and affordable practice to increase soil C?
- How can we manage deep soil C?
- How much C sequestration can be achieved with soil amendments?