Greetings soil carbon lovers!
There are three exciting ISCN related events at AGU fall meeting 2017, New Orleans:
1) ISCN all-hands meeting: All are welcome! Whether you are an ISCN member or interested in becoming one, or just curious about the network or database, join us! The tentative agenda:
- Report on the 2017 Winter Workshop
- Overlapping interests with CZO and PCN activities
- Action Group progress
- Status of two new proposals
- Memorandum of understanding with ISRIC
- New data updates and more!
Sign up now to attend! Free lunch for the first 25 sign ups.
Date: Sunday, December 10, 2017; Time: tentatively 8 am to noon; Location: tbd, watch this space
2) Data hackathon: co-hosted by the International Soil Carbon Network (ISCN) and the Permafrost Carbon Network (PCN) tentatively Sunday, December 10th (afternoon). Want to see how your data compare and contribute to comprehensive datasets? Interested in finding new uses for old data? Want to help us grow our “Underground Network” in one searchable database? Bring your own soil carbon data or work with existing datasets! In this hackathon we’ll craft R scripts to harmonize soil carbon data and build teams for future collaborations. Soil survey, field experiments, and laboratory incubation, soil respiration data are welcome, though we are not currently set-up to work with ‘omics or high resolution MS/NMR data.
3) Session B063: Soil Carbon Dynamics at Broad Scales: Linking Mechanistic Knowledge to Broad-scale Applications. Time and location tbd in October