This index of analytical laboratories is provided as a service to members of the scientific community looking for facilities offering soil or environmental sample analysis. The list is not ranked in any way and the presence or absence of specific facilities does not constitute endorsement by the ISCN.
- Oregon State University Central Analytical Lab: chemical analysis of soils and other environmental samples.
- UC Davis Analytical Lab: chemical analysis for educational, government, and scientific research projects.
- University of Maine Analytical Lab: chemical analysis of soils and other environmental samples.
- EcoCore Analytical Services (Colorado State University): elemental, molecular, microbial, and isotopic analysis of soil, plant, water and other environmental samples.
- Moscow Forestry Sciences Laboratory (USDA-Forest Service): sample processing, C&N by dry combustion, N/P wet chemistry, atomic absorption spectroscopy, biochar and black carbon assays (not a service lab but open for collaborative use)
- University of Arizona Center for Environmental Physics and Mineralogy: for all your soil physical, hydraulic, and mineralogical needs
- FoReST Laboratory (Lakehead University, Ontario CA): chemical analysis of soils and environmental samples, including solids, solutions, soil fractions and biochar materials.
- New York Water Science Center (US Geological Survey): soil and water sample preparation and analysis, standard operating procedures and quality control data available
- University of Vermont Agricultural and Environmental Testing Lab: chemical analysis of soils, water, and other environmental samples
- University of Georgia:
Agricultural and Environmental Services Lab for standard soil and water chemistry,
Soil Water and Plant Analysis Lab for stable isotope measurements, or
Environmental Analysis Lab for trace elements and contaminants
- University of Michigan Biological Station Analytical Lab for common analyses of soil, water, and other environmental samples.
- Soiltest Farm Consultants for chemical analysis of soil, plant, water and other environmental samples for private and government scientific projects. Standard operating procedures and quality control data are available for all projects Large project discounts.
To recommend another lab for listing on this page, please contact ISCN Support.